Saturday, February 25, 2012

Does anyone know of a good English-Polish web translator?

I need to translate a large body of text from English to Polish. I know there are translators where you paste in English, and it translates the whole paragraph into Polish (I'm not interested in single word translations). Does anyone know of one? Thanks!|||Try www.poltran.com|||No, this web translator doesn't work well - I checked it out myself. As annar12002 wrote, Polish is a tricky language inter alia because we have "declension" which you can hardly find in the web translations, e.x.:


"She told me she would give me the book"

Report Abuse


|||-the Poltran version of translation: Ona powiada艂a (opowiedzia艂) mnie ona dawa艂aby mnie ksi膮偶ka.


-my version, the correct one : (Ona) powiedzia艂a mi, 偶e da mi t臋 ksi膮偶k臋.


Where's the declension? ksi膮偶ka (in nominative) - ksi膮偶k臋 (in accusative).

Report Abuse


|||Thanks for the commend Magda. Like I said I need a rough cut translation of many pages at once. Then I get to fix it by hand. Though many corrections are needed, the web translation speeds up the work and there is nothing better out there! Thanks for your answers...

Report Abuse


|||altavista bable fish|||go to a website dahhhh|||The problem with automated translator servers is that they translate word for word, without making gramatic sense.


Find a person who speaks polish and have them translate.


You can try babelfish, but polish is a tricky language.|||You can write to me anytime if you like - I'm Polish :) Here's my email address: magdalena.marek@yahoo.com.|||Dont look like it now do it?|||dictionary.com has a translator. I don't know if it's entirely accurate though. A lot of website that translate can't understand meaning, so their translations are usually somewhat off.|||BABLEFISH!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment