Wednesday, February 29, 2012

What do you think this Russian word means?

My friend uses an online translator to convert text from Russian to English when writing to me. It is imperfect. There are two Russian words in the following text that did not translate. I assume it either has no English word that translates or he spelled it wrong in Russian.





"I neznayu there is nothing on the account of the future. I am such man which nelyubit to plan the future, will both be and will be."|||neznayu = ne znayu = I don't know


nelyubit = ne lyubit = doesn't like|||neznayu - (I) don't know


nelyubit - doesn't like|||"ne znayu" (не знаю) = I don't know


"ne lyubit" (не любит) = he / she / it doesn't know





The reason these words don't translate in an online translator is that they are both two words which have been stuck together, and the translator won't recognize that. They are also conjugated verbs--not in their infinitive forms--which sometimes confuses the translator databases.





If you look up the infinitive forms (знать and любить, pronounced "znat' and lyubit', respectively), you might have more luck.





Good luck with your translating!

No comments:

Post a Comment