Saturday, February 25, 2012

What is the Igbo translation of the word 'obim'?

Igbo (sometimes known as Ibo) is a language spoken in Nigeria. I have not been able to find a free translator on the internet to get the meaning of this word.





Thank you to anyone who can answer this question for me.|||Hey Vereniqueu,





My Nigerian friend tells me that it means sweet heart. She says she calls her lover like that.





Hope this helps!|||Actually "obim" directly means "my heart." Obi = heart and the suffixed "m" is a diminutive of "mu" which is a first person possessive and reflexive pronoun. Sweet heart is an acceptable translation, but only for romantic contexts.

Report Abuse

9 comments:

  1. Yes it means "my heart", thats how i call y wife

    ReplyDelete
  2. Obim means "my heart"; that is what I call my black American partner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I came onto your blog while focusing just slightly submits. Nice strategy for next, I will be bookmarking at once seize your complete rises
    beautiful in spanish

    ReplyDelete
  4. He said he was gonna call me obim (I'm a Chinese). I googled it and I found this post.. I just melted. ❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just confuse ,is obim use normally to call for a close friend..if a guy used it ..

    ReplyDelete
  6. I would love to know all those sweet and lovely names I can use to call my girl in Igbo dialects.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Obim is what my husband to be calls me and it's like no other word because it melts my heart.❤❤❤❤❤

    ReplyDelete