Wednesday, February 29, 2012

How can I become a translator of children's books?

How can I become a translator of children's books?

I am fluent in both Greek and English, and I am interested in becoming a translator of children's literature. More often than not, I find that my daughter's books are not translated correctly and it frustrates me to see that words are being used incorrectly.



Does anyone have any experience in this field? How can one get a job? Where, would it be a publishing company? Any help/feedback would be greatly appreciated.|||Write letters to the publishing houses explaining your position and offer to translate one book for free so they can see how you do it. More often than not they will welcome this and when they see that you can do it, they will probably hire you.

This is what my high school Spanish teacher did when he got tired of reading improperly translated books. He now works part time as a translator, so it worked for him.|||Your easiest path might be to approach authors rather than a publishing house; a successful author who is not currently available in Greek will be your best advocate, since you would in effect be increasing their potential market for them...
  • google crome
  • kasich
  • sea doo
  • burger shop 2
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment