Saturday, February 25, 2012

Do you translate or are you a translator, tell me the rate or fee?

Any freelance translator, can you tell me how much you charge for translating?





I work for English into Asian languages and Asian languages into English.











Do you have to get the minimum fee before you charge any extra fee? Do you just set a certain amount of rate based on hourly or per page?














Once I did a translation work for this company for commercial use and recieved five hundred dollars for about 5-7 pages.





The work was hard and I spent about 3-4 days on it. Because it had to be narrative.





Do you think this was fair?











And will you tell me how much you usually charge for translation work? Not for per word but like a page with 200-250 words on it.














Did I charge right? I mean, another time, I charged forty dollars for a page of translation without double spaces because it was the a job I got from same person who hired me for the commercial work and I thought I gave him a discount.|||Paying any translator is stupid considering anyone can get anything translated for free on the internet now.

No comments:

Post a Comment