Wednesday, March 7, 2012

What is the correct Swedish translation for the word "dishonor"?

I am getting a tattoo of the phrase "Death Before Dishonor" translated to Swedish to represent my heritage (among other things). I would have family translate it but I'm not sure how fond they are of tattoos, and I have not been able to find a translation nor do I want to trust something so permanent to a simple online translator. Thanks!|||There could be a few ways.



D枚d f枚re van盲ra. A directs translation, works idiomatically as well. May however also be interpreted as "Death comes before dishonor", but less likely.



D枚den framf枚r van盲ra. Another way of putting it. A former king used "Plikten framf枚r allt" as a motto meaning "(the) duty before everything".



D枚d 枚ver van盲ra. Yet another way of putting it. Similar to the way you say "I'd pick salt over sour".



They all work. Pick the one you fancy.



An alternate word to van盲ra would be vanheder.|||d枚d f枚re van盲ra

No comments:

Post a Comment